Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Polka Dot Sunburst Baby

I rarely make the same quilt twice. But I cranked this one out in about three weeks because I was lucky enough to get the opportunity to teach the technique in a spring class at an LQS, Material Girl Fabric Shop in Crystal Lake! This version full of bright, happy polka dots will be hanging in the shop...


It is the same size as my previous Sunburst quilt - 42" x 55" - and constructed in the same manner as the tutorial that I wrote earlier in 2012. Click on the "Tutorials" tab above to access those instructions.


I quilted this one with an all-over meandering stitch in light pink thread. And I added a bright pink stripe cut on the bias for the binding - I love, love, love a bias stripe binding!


My color inspiration came from this lovely backing fabric in the Benartex Sun-Kissed collection by Michelle D'Amore. This print is called "Spray" in her Tropical colorway.


The number 1, Group A item on my UFO list now complete! That means I'm down to 28!


It is still sooo cold here in Northern Illinois, but the sun is shining and the birds are singing on this fine Friday morning :) Happy Weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great pattern and you did another amazing job on it - they will be thrilled to have it in the shop, I'm sure. That backing is perfect. AND, from one list-maker to another, congrats on getting one more off your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this quilt, Shelley! I MUST make it!! I wish that I could be in your class....now that would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adoraable! Love all the dots, and that backing fabric is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love polka dots. I just finished my own version of the sunburst quilt tonight! Thanks for the inspiration and the pattern.
    Paula
    Newberg, OR

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading a little bit about me and taking the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...